UPDATE: DEADLINE EXTENDED to JULY 6th, 2023!
What You Need to Know!
Owners of Commercial Vehicles with Diesel Engines in the State of Oregon are now eligible for a grant to pay for a retrofit on their vehicles.
This is an exciting opportunity to reduce your vehicle’s harmful diesel emissions, paid for by the State! Do your part to reduce the carbon footprint of your vehicles.
There is a short window of time to apply for grants in 2023. Over $5 million in grant funds are available for this year.
Oregon DEQ will accept grant applications for diesel-powered vehicles from April 3 to
June 6, EXTENDED to JULY 6th, 2023.
Visit the official Oregon DEQ Diesel Emissions Mitigation Grants page to learn more.
Register with: WebGrants to apply for a Diesel Mitigation Grant
Read over the Grant program User Guide.
We Will Take You Step-by-Step Through the Process
Diesel Emissions Service is your partner for the application process! We’ve sent additional personnel to our location in Oregon to help you navigate the grant application process, provide vehicle evaluations and estimates for the retrofits.
With over 18,000 emission control devices installed by our expert teams, we know retrofits! We can assist in choosing the right retrofit for your application, then our professional installation crews will install the system to ensure peak performance and durability.
Call DES to discuss any questions you might have.
Schedule DES to complete a Pre Assessment and install a data logger on each vehicle you want to apply for the grant with.
Complete the application process from the Oregon DEQ between April 3 &
June 6, EXTENDED to JULY 6th, 2023.
Applicants will need to follow these steps for the application process:
– Identify or obtain a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number
– Register with WebGrants
– Identify vehicle’s vehicle identification number (VIN)
– Identify Engine Family Name (EFN)
– Submit required documents
– Complete and submit an online application on WebGrants
For more details download the pdf:
Diesel Emissions Mitigation Grant Program User Guide
Once data logging is complete we will give you a quote to submit with your application package.
Take the First Step
Owner-operators, fleets, municipalities, and construction companies looking to apply for these funds should contact Diesel Emissions Service to schedule a call or site visit to help with the application phase.
We can retrofit almost any diesel vehicle!
More information on Oregon DEQ’s Diesel Mitigation Grant Program:
Here is a link to the official Oregon DEQ Diesel Mitigation Grant Program page. This explains in more detail how the grant funds can be used, the eligibility requirements, and more. DES will be breaking this down and providing easy-to-follow steps to apply for these funds.
Key dates for 2023:
These are subject to change based on the timing and availability of funds and the schedule of implementation tasks.
• April 3, 2023: Grant program opens for applications
June 6, EXTENDED to JULY 6th, 2023: Grant program closes for applications
• Aug. 15, 2023: Grant awards announced
• Jan. 15, 2024: Funding for projects becomes available
Eligibility Key Points:
– Eligible trucks would be 1992-2009 engine year models.
– Eligible Buses would be 2009 or older, class 4-8, and a GVWR greater than 14,000 lbs and used for transporting people.
– Eligible diesel equipment would be one in the following categories: large trucks, buses, freight switchers, ferries and tugs, medium trucks, airport ground support equipment, forklifts, or port cargo handling equipment.
– Eligible Off-Road vehicle means a diesel engine of more than 25 horsepower that is not designed to propel a motor vehicle on public highways.
You can watch this video from the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality which outlines the DEQ Diesel Emissions Mitigation Grant Program.
Links to Oregon DEQ info:
Grant program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
DEQ Diesel Mitigation Grants User Guide
Oregon DEQ provided Diesel Grant Fact Sheet link: DieselGrants-FS.pdf
The grant amount allowed is shown under 340-255-0040 Eligible Grant Amounts. For the retrofitting of vehicles, the grant amount is 100% under DERA guidelines. To see amount thresholds for repowers or replacements view the link below.
DEQ: Section 340-255-040 Eligible Grant Amounts
Oregon DEQ is updating its Fleet form but this link will show you what information will be required to include in the application process. Download the spreadsheet: DEQ Fleet info form
See the approved Retrofit Installers list from Oregon DEQ at bottom of this linked page: Federal DERA Grants
Or check out these links below:
- On-Road – Manufacturer Authorized Retrofit Installers
- Off-Road – Manufacturer Authorized Retrofit Installers